Wednesday 19 September 2018

Travel Photographer Returns to Exbury

If you follow our blog,  you may well know by now, I am in love with these gardens and will go as many times as I can.  Sadly not as many as I'd like:(

Head Gardener's Notice Board

Your walk is always helped by the Head Gardener's notice board, with all that is a must see, if you have the time.  

I find this very informative.  My personal favourites are always the Sundial Garden, the Herbaceous border and the Hydrangea walk.
The hydrangea walk is still colourful and I actually love the hydrangeas when they begin to change in colour.





On the day I visited, the sun was in and out and at times created the most beautiful light.


You could easily spend a day here and still not see everything.  I love it!

Dahlia heaven 

I love dahlias but have never actually grown them.  That may sound a little strange but I think I'll have to take time out to learn a little about them before I get growing!  I'd be devastated to lose such beautiful blooms.

Consequently, I am always blown away by the dahlias at this time of year at Exbury.






Bees and butterflies gather here

A haven for the bees and butterflies, especially in the Sundial Garden.


I do hope the winds of late haven't done too much damage to these beauties.

Sweet potato soup with croutons and crusty bread

Well one can't visit these gardens without calling in to Mr Eddy's Restaurant ...... this soup looked so inviting I just had to try it.
Yum Yum ... I wasn't disappointed. 

For opening hours and prices visit Exbury Website
Check for dates for the Ghost Train rides and Christmas Train rides.

Thanks for visiting.  Hope to see you again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment