Sunday 29 July 2018

A Plant Lovers Paradise in The New Forest

We were just driving by and my daughter in law said 'ooh is that one of the gardens you mentioned on your blog?'

It sure was!  I visited this garden last year and when I look back it was just a week or so earlier in the year.  

Of course, tempted by the pics I published, my daughter in law wanted to visit.  

And we did just that.  

We received a very warm welcome by the owner, Emma Taylor, and she told us, to the delight of my grandsons, that we could feed the fish.

As my two grandsons, 7 and 9 were not to enamoured with the thought of going round a garden we thought it might be an idea to feed the fish first!

In a truly authentic and very peaceful Japanese Garden there is the pond with huge Koi .....
 who are very pleased to be fed.
I can just imagine someone sitting in this area meditating as there is a lovely covered area sheltered from the sun.  It is incredibly pretty and very peaceful.

One acre of garden formally designed

The garden is separated into 'rooms' and lots of passageways and when you walk through you never know what you're going to find.  
Like the pretty mirrors  ....
And plenty of areas with cute seats, all with cushions, so that you can while away the time ...... 
or for boys who get a little tired of wandering round a garden :)
The garden is full of charm and surprises, like this wheel in the grasses ....
and this tree which is called an 'Indian Bean Tree', which by the way smells divine.

And for plant lovers ...

The tightly packed pretty clusters of purple/lilac flower heads top tall stems as the Verbena brings colour to one of the borders.   
I'm not that clued up with names of flowers and plants but there are many which I'm sure you'll recognise. 

And, of course, you can purchase some too.

Unable to visit?  See more of this garden here

Applecourt Garden Opening Hours

How could I forget?

Gosh I nearly forgot to mention the tea and cake!  
Beautiful home made cake to go with a cuppa in these beautiful gardens.  Life doesn't get much better than that does it?

By the way, they may not admit it, but I think my grandsons actually enjoyed it too.

Until next time ....


No comments:

Post a Comment