Tuesday 7 August 2018

You've Got to Admit at 90 years old It's Impressive.

And we're off!
 And just over 20mph it feels more like 90mph :(
 Whew!  Thank goodness we're only going just around the corner.
It's the 19th Lymington Rotary Summer Spectacular.

In the past I have visited this spectacle with my son and his family.  My granddaughters have enjoyed the bouncy castle and pony rides in their time.  My son has enjoyed looking at the cars and my daughter in law and I have quite liked the gift and clothing stalls would you believe :)

Never did I think I'd be taking the road to Lymington Summer Spectacular in a 90 year old Austin 7!
Co-owned with a couple of friends and now named Myrtle.

I have to admit she is rather cute and quite fun.

A bit of marshalling required...


As Malcolm had been asked to help with the marshalling it was an early start for us and we arrived at 8.30am.  

We pulled up beside another chap who had bought three Austins of different makes and ages.  

Nope!  Don't even think about it Malcolm!
All sorts of cars turned up for this event.  All shapes and sizes and different ages.
Of course, Malcolm was in his element getting up close and personal with these vehicles. 
Although he got a little confused when .......
the Bentley joined the lineup?  
Oh I'd like to bring to your attention the extra passenger on the back seat.

(explanation = my Essential Images Teddy Bear, with photography prop of hat which I thought was very appropriate and a little hamper that my grandchildren used to play with many years ago!)  

Well, we all know what a softy I am and we thought it was a bit of fun.

Essential Images Teddy got a lot of 'ohs' and 'ahs' - almost as much as the car - well nearly :)

But not quite as many as this little chap to be totally honest.  How cute is that?
I don't think this chappie was interested in Ethel the Essential Images teddy bear either, do you?
Umm?  Think it might have been the engine?

No interest in cars or teddies for this little dog.  He was only interested in keeping cool and found a place for doing just that.
Well, of course, this is not all about cars.  There are plenty of things to do and lots to see.  Also plenty of food and drink choices.

It was a boiling hot day so I opted for some iced coffee from Taste the Bean.
And a piece of Blueberry and Lemon cake from Fiona @realfood
Fiona's food is truly scrumptious and there was no way we were leaving without having a piece of her cake.
I think the handmade fudge must have been quite delicious too.  It certainly got the attention of these two gorgeous little girls.  Aren't they cute.
Time for the off then.

Ah I think someone wants a lift?  Be my guest.

I took a much more comfortable ride in a much later model - quite a new edition of a Discovery actually :)

Sweet Myrtle is very cute and at 90 years old is very impressive. 

I'm sure she has some stories to tell.
Now that would be interesting wouldn't it......could we find out d'you think?

Until the next time .... safe travels all.

No comments:

Post a Comment