Thursday 10 November 2016

A Great Place to Stop for Breakfast in The New Forest

I found this little gem on my way back from the gym!

A Warm Welcome awaits you ...


from the moment you pull up in the car, you get the most incredible positive vibes!  That may sound really strange to you.  But this place is just so beautiful and yet very simple.

Outside the tables are set out so prettily, and even though it is a cold morning you feel that you'd be able to sit there with a cuppa and not feel cold at all.

Pretty signs everywhere ...

signage that just makes you want to smile even more.
And just in case for one minute you may feel the cold, there's the blankets and hot water bottles. 
Isn't this just heaven? 
The minute you walk in the door you are greeted by welcoming smiles and welcome hellos.

These are young members of staff who really know all about customer service.
It is so pretty inside too....
with more signs to brighten your day.
Now, here was my first mistake!  
I had been to the gym and felt I probably could treat myself to a full English breakfast.  This is a rarity for me.  Even when we're on holiday I don't indulge in a full English.

This place was so warm and cosy it kind of made you feel that you should indulge in treats!

When it arrived I just opened my mouth and said 'oh my word'

Now don't get me wrong I am not complaining about the food.  It was delicious and a helping that I'm sure Malcolm wouldn't have had any trouble with at all.  But far, far too much for me.
Now I'm sure you will understand where I'm coming from.  
Next time, and there will be a next time, I shall ask for a smaller portion or maybe go for the scrambled egg?

Christmas menus here look amazing too, which is why I have included them in the post.

So where is this?  This is Rosie Lea's on the main road from Brockenhurst to Lymington.  
A definite must stop.

Oh and before I forget, if you stop for tea and cake, the staff will give you a tour of the cake menu to help you make up your mind. :)

And next door is 

an amazing garden centre with so much to see.  I could have wandered around for ages, yet it's not that big!  Just so many pretty things as well as plants.
I'd been looking for an Erigeron Karvinskianus - or
 'sea daisy' for ages and found one here so I was thrilled.
I also found other items that I longed to buy, but held back.  
After all Christmas is coming.

But these little mice were charming and I may well go back for them one day.
And this pretty garden centre is Setley Ridge

Remember on your next travel or trip to the New Forest, be sure to drop in and make sure you're hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment