Monday 30 January 2017

Enjoy the Art of Lingering at Manningford Lakes

A day off is always good for you ...

One of the things Malcolm likes to do is a spot of Trout fishing, he finds it relaxing and takes his mind off 'stuff' 😉


And sometimes he even gets a round of applause! 😂
Yep!  We all have 'stuff' and sometimes it's good to clear the mind of it!

To be perfectly honest, even if I liked the thought of fishing, there's no way I could stand still that long and flick my arms in and out - I probably wouldn't be able to move my arms the next day after all that!

If I get the chance


No, no but if I am free to go along a stroll is much more my kind of thing.  A spot of nature watching with my camera always helps to clear my head of 'stuff'.

I linger for a while ..

I just love to amble and appreciate what's around me.  This place is so pretty and so peaceful.
The only sound you will hear is from the wildlife. 

If you don't want to wander there are seats around the lakes where you can sit and enjoy the peace and stillness of it all.

So now a bit of info:

Manningford Trout Fishery.

One of the most well known fisheries in the South of England, set in the heart of the Pewsey Vale.

The lakes are well stocked with brown and rainbow trout. 

There you'll find the 4.5 acre Manor Lake, 1.3 acre Squires Lake and a catch and release lake.

They also have 2 miles of single bank fishing on the River Avon.

Opening hours: 

SUMMER    May - September 8am - 7pm 
WINTER    October - April 8am - Dusk

CLOSED Christmas Day and Boxing Day

Before you decide on a date

Take a look at the Events Page on the website to check the venue hasn't been exclusively hired out on the day you want to visit.

They also take bookings for conferences or meetings. 


If you enjoy the art of lingering, this just has to be a great place to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment